So I've had the idea for this recipe written down for
. For weeks I have been dreaming of combining my favorite cookie with chocolate chips, delicious chewy caramel, crunchy pretzels, and sea salt.
. I kept planning on baking them but something always came up. It was pure
But don't worry, I finally got to make them.
And it was worth the wait.
They are everything I dreamed of.
And I may or may not have eaten half a dozen.
Within two hours.
I used my favorite
as the base for these cookies. I lowered the amount of oats a bit and added in all kinds of deliciousness. And they are perfect. The perfect mix of sweet, savory, and salty.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
3/4 cups pretzel sticks, broken into pieces
16-20 wrapped chewy caramels, cut into 4-5 pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375° and line baking sheets with parchment paper
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Scrape the butter off of the sides and add in sugars and beat until combined and smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time, and then vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
4. Fold in quick oats followed by chocolate chips, pretzel stick pieces, and caramel pieces.
5. Form the cookie dough into one inch rounds, making sure that there is at least one caramel piece and two pretzel pieces in each round, and place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each round slightly and press sea salt on top (about 1/2-1 tsp). Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating halfway through baking. Let cool for two minutes on baking sheet before removing to a wire cooling rack.