Two days to go until Valentine's Day, what is everyone doing? I'll be doing some final packing before we settle on our house on Monday and spend next week cleaning and painting the house. But perhaps you are having a little get together or baking some cupcakes just for fun and you need some fun little cupcake toppers to go along with them. I've got you covered with two easy and adorable options!
The first cupcake topper I have for you is an adorable heart topper. This is an easy and versatile option: you could easily change up the colors to match a birthday party theme, etc. After you finish making these cupcake toppers you could reuse the heart punch and the rest of the paper and make a
Heart Cupcake Topper
less than $1 each
Red or pink cardstock paper
Heart hole punch
Hot glue gun + glue
1. Punch out hearts from the cardstock.
2. Make a line of hot glue down the center of the heart and quickly place a toothpick into the hot glue, being sure to keep it nice and straight.
Now this cake topper is fun. And delicious. Yes, it's made completely of chocolate. And it's easier than you'd think. Now, the writing on my toppers isn't all that pretty because I had to use a sandwich bag to pipe the letters rather than my piping bag because I already packed my decorating supplies. Fail on my part, but I think they still turned out pretty cute!
Chocolate Writing Cake Toppers
less than $1 each
Chocolate melting wafers
Piping bag and fine/medium tip
1. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring between each set, until smooth and melted. Pour the melted chocolate into the piping bag.
3. Pipe the chocolate into the word "love" or make a heart onto the parchment paper. Or you could pipe whatever you'd like! Place the baking sheet into the fridge to let the chocolate set. It will set fairly quickly, I let mine set for 5 - 10 minutes or so.
4. Once you remove the tray from the fridge, the chocolate shouldn't be stuck onto the parchment and you can just lift it right up. You need to be
careful because they will break
. I recommend making multiples of the specific word or shape that you want to use, I broke like six out of ten.