Are you a blogger who is looking to grow their audience and gain some writing experience? I would love to have you write a post for Joyful Homemaker's Club. Please follow the directions in order to submit your guest post. Any submissions that are submitted without following the directions on this page will automatically be denied.
Directions for submitting a guest post
1. Please read through ALL of the guidelines below.
2. Start the guest posting process by filling out the form at the bottom of the page.
3. If your post submission has been accepted, you will be notified within 3 days (but please show some grace as I am pregnant right now).
You will then be sent instructions for how to submit your full post.
Guest Posting Guidelines
- Please only submit new, original content that has not been published elsewhere.
- Send us a pitch only if you are a blogger with your own blog.
- Your post may not include affiliate links but you may link to your own content when applicable and without it sounding sales-y.
- The post needs to consist of 500 words or more.
- Your post may not be published elsewhere after being published on JHC.
- Joyful Homemaker's Club is a faith-based (non-denominational Christian) website.
- There is currently no monetary compensation for guest posts.
- If your blog post includes photos that you take (i.e. recipe, tutorial), photos must be vertical, well-lit, and in-focus. In the form below, be sure to link to a sample of your work that includes a sample of your photography. I will create a title image from your photos.
- If your blog post does not include photos that you take (i.e. advice post, list of tips) I will find a stock photo and create a title image to go along with your post.
- If your blog post features products from a third-party (i.e. gift ideas, home decor recommendations), be sure to include links to the products in the post and I will pull images from the third-party, as needed.
- Accepted topics include:
> general motherhood advice
> faith (in relation to motherhood, marriage, or homemaking)
> homemaking (this includes cleaning, kitchen tips (not recipes), home organization, hospitality, money saving tips)
> activities for young children (preschool age and younger)
- Very occasionally I will accept recipe posts. The photo requirements for this are very strict and I will need to see a sample of your photography prior to accepting your guest post. You can link to a sample of your work in the submission form, below.
- Humor and (kind) sarcasm are more than welcomed.
- No dry, overly-serious writing.
- You may not use any swear words or rude language or phrases like "Oh My G**" which take Christ's name in vain.
- You are welcome to use emojis where appropriate.
- Please fill out the submission form, below, to get the guest post process started. It usually takes about 3 days to find out if your pitch has been accepted. Further instructions will then be sent to you.
- If your pitch is accepted, you will submit your post via a Google Form and upload a Google Doc or MS Word or Pages file with your post into the form. In the submission form, you will have the opportunity to submit a short bio about yourself (around 100 words), links to your website and up to two social media pages, and a headshot of yourself.
- Your post will be run through Grammarly to check for grammar and spelling errors.
- Your post will be run through a copyright checker to check for plagiarism.
- Your post will be formatted to add in headers and lists to make it easier for readers to scan through.
- If your submitted post is way off the mark, you will be sent revision notes. After you submit your post again, if it is still not up to JHC standards, it may be denied (you can then publish it on your own site or elsewhere).
- Your post may be scheduled to post up to two months in advance.
- After being published, your post will be promoted on JHC social media pages. Social media posts will not include links to your social media pages since you have the opportunity to link to them within the post.
Guest Post Submission Form
Have you read through all of the guidelines above and have a post idea that fits within the topic guidelines?
Fill out the form below to get the ball rolling! If your submission is accepted, you will be contacted within 3 days.